In the midst of several demanding knits, I craved garter stripes, simple eyelets, and picots. It had to be almost mindless, easy to put down and pick up so that I could squeeze it in among other things, and appropriate for using a variegated yarn with a couple of supporting solids. All these things make this shawl great vacation knitting!
20 stitches = 4 inches in blocked garter stitch
• Yarn overs at the start of a row (see tips in pattern)
• Knitted-on cast-on
• Yarn overs
• Picot bind-off (instructions included)
• C1 (pale grey) – 50-70 yards
• C2 (yellow-green) – 330-400 yards (this is the best spot for a variegated yarn)
• C3 (blue-grey) – 160-175 yards
Total yardage - 540-645
The ranges reflect the different amounts used in the test knit plus a bit of a cushion on the upper end.
Measures approximately 70" across and 15" deep. Easily modified.