The Emperor - Worsted weight knitting pattern
This listing is for a .pdf pattern ONLY
Description: This hood is worked in two sections. The front band is worked first, then stitches are picked up along the edge for the hood body. Stitches for the neck band are put on stitch holders or bound off later to be joined together creating the neck band. The remaining stiches are then joined and worked in the round for the remainder of the hood. I-cord or braided strings can be joined to the bottom front corners of the hood along with pom-poms or tassels. An additional pom-pom or tassel is attached to the point of the hood.
This hood has the option to be worked seamlessly or with a small seam. It is worked in two sections.
Difficulty: intermediate to advanced knitter. Requires knowledge of cabling and picking up stitches.
* 200 grams worsted weight yarn (approximately 440 yards) should be more than enough. If you decide you want to make your hood longer or deeper you may need additional yarn so make sure to plan ahead!
* Size 6 US/4mm knitting needles in: 24” circular needles (or length desired for flat knitting) and DPNs or circular needle for small diameter circular knitting.
* Cable needles, if desired, quantity 2
* Stitch markers
* Tapestry needle
* Stitch holders and/or waste yarn if you choose to make the not-seamed version
* Cardboard, if desired, for making pom-poms and/or tassels.