Ribbed Rope Socks
This intricate sock pattern provides a rewarding challenge for the experienced knitter. The recommended yarn provides excellent stitch definition. The resulting sock makes for an impressive display of delicate cables.
The pattern includes detailed instructions and cable charts. These socks are worked from the top down.
- approximately 450 yards fingering weight yarn
- 2.5 mm (US 1.5) double point needles
- 3.0 mm (US 2.5) double point needles
- 3.25 mm (US 3) double point needles
- small cable needle
- Basic sock knitting skills
- Following charted stitch patterns
- Complex cables and twisted stitches
- Grafting using kitchener stitch