Pretty and Sweet Hat Knitting Pattern
HELLO! Thank you for downloading this fun pattern! As of the 1/11/2018 release of this pattern I am seeking feedback! Please email me at [email protected] with your constructive thoughts and comments! I sure do appreciate it – and I welcome the help in making this pattern the best it can be!
The Pretty and Sweet Hat is knit in the round and has a permanently turned up brim created by using a provisional cast-on, and then knitting the two ends of the ribbing section together before proceeding to the striped section of the hat. This is a comfortably snug hat that hugs your head. It’s topped off with a fun pom pom you make yourself – make it multicolored, using the main yarn color and the contrasting color together, or choose a single color for your pom pom! This hat is cute either way! Don’t want to keep the pom pom on all the time, or find you need to wash the hat? Make sure to tie your homemade pom pom on using long yarn tails and a bow so it’s easily removable!
Worsted weight yarn in two contrasting colors.
· Color A: Cascade Yarns CASCADE 220 (100 grams, 220 yards, 100% Peruvian Highland Wool): 1 skein #9076 Mint
· Color B: Malabrigo Yarns RIOS (100 grams, 210 yards, 100% Superwash Merino Wool): 1 skein English Rose
Needles and Notions
· THREE US 7 (4.5 mm) 16” circular knitting needles or size needed to achieve gauge (You will need these to complete the brim section.)
· US 7 6” DPNs (Or a US 7 (4.5 mm) 24” circular knitting needle if you prefer magic loop)
· Tapestry Needle
· Pom pom maker
20 sts = 4” in St st
Fits many. We made this to fit a woman with a 21-22” head.
· St st = Stockinette stitch
· K2tog = Knit two together
· Rnd = Round