Luxurious, stylish and deceptively easy, the broomstick lace-filled Hugs and Kisses Scarf is perfect to last you all winter long. Together with the coordinating hat, the set will provide all the warm woolen hugs and kisses one can ask for in wintertime.
This pattern is written in American English crochet terminology.
The Hugs and Kisses Scarf features a broomstick lace border applied on both sides of the scarf body. Stitches used include foundation sc, extended sc, sc, and dc. Skill Level: Easy
Size and finished measurements
32.5 cm (13 inches) wide and 165 cm (66 inches) long.
- Written for a gauge of 10.4 sts and 6.3 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) in body pattern after wet blocking, the gauge is however not critical in this design.
- Digital-PDF has 2 pages (A4 size)
- 450 m (492 yds) / 300 g Garnstudio DROPS Big Fabel [75% wool, 25% nylon; 150 m (164 yds)/100 g] in #105 Turquoise. Substitute any aran weight yarn for a similar result.
- Hook size 7 mm (US size K/10 ½) was used for the sample scarf.
- Dowel with 9 cm (3 ½ inch) circumference for the broomstick lace (for example an actual broomstick)
- Yarn needle