Florence is a stranded color-work hat that’s knitted using four contrasting colors. The pattern creates a bold, large scale design which makes a statement! It also has a hemmed brim to give it a crisp finished look.
Florence is a town in North Alabama found near the banks of the Tennessee River. In 1818, the Italian surveyor of this land named Florence after the same named capital of Tuscany, Italy.
- Adult Small-Medium, Adult Medium-Large
- Big Bad Wool weepaca or other light worsted/ DK weight yarn in a total of 4 colors
- Main color approximately (90, 110) yards;
- 3 additional contrasting colors colors as follows: CC1 & CC3 approximately (25, 35) yards each, CC2 approximately (50, 60) yards;
- About 3 yards of waste yarn for provisional cast on
- Size 4 / 16” circular needle
- Size 6/ 16” circular needle
- Size 6 DPNs
- Crochet Hook for provisional cast on
- 6 stitches per inch on a US size 6 needle, in stranded color-work pattern, after blocking
- circumference 17”, 18.5”