Enigma is a cozy layering piece, perfect for those times that you just want to wrap up in warm woolens. With its easy construction and textured stitch patterns, Enigma is an interesting but relaxing knit.
Stitches used include knit, purl, k2tog, skp, yo and a centered double decrease. This pattern is suitable for the beginning knitter.
Sizes and finished measurements
This pattern includes 5 sizes: XS (S/M, L/XL, 2XL/3XL, 4XL). The pattern is written for an over-sized relaxed fit. Instructions are included to customize the fit of the garment.
- Worked flat
- Written for a gauge of approx. 14 sts / 20 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over in Double Moss stitch using larger size needles, after blocking.
- Digital-PDF has 4 pages (letter size)
- 720 (790, 840, 850, 900) m (790 (860, 915, 930, 980) yards) / 360 (395, 420, 425, 450) g or 8 (8,9,9,9) balls of Ístex Létt-Lopi [100 % wool, 100 m (109 yards) per 50 gram skein]. Substitute any aran weight single ply type yarn for a similar result.
- Size 4.5 mm (US 7) / 80 cm (32 inches) circular needle (because of the large number of stitches) or size needed to obtain gauge and a size 4 mm (US 6) / 80 cm (32 inches) circular needle.
- Yarn needle
- Waste yarn for provisional cast on and holding stitches
- 2 stitch markers
- Crochet hook equivalent to the smaller size knitting needles (optional – for seaming using sl st only)