Celtic Traveller Throw
Named for my daughter, Anna, who is the world traveller in our Irish family, Celtic Traveller features an attractive pairing of two popular cable stitch patterns nestled closely together in a half-drop style. The proximity of the patterns to one another create a composition of work that looks both intricate and visually appealing.
This pattern has been professionally tech edited and test knit to reduce the potential for error.
- SMALL/BABY - Measures approx 29” (73.5 cm) wide by 44” (112 cm) long.
- MEDIUM - Measures approx 35.5” (90 cm) wide by 57” (145 cm) long.
- LARGE - Measures approx 41.5” (105.5 cm) wide by 70” (178 cm) long.
Additional sizes available by working more/fewer full pattern repeats and/or row repeats.
16 sts/20 rows to 4” x 4” (10 cm x 10 cm) in stockinette stitch, blocked (widthwise only). One full center panel repeat (32 sts) measures 6.25” x 13.25” (16 cm x 34 cm).
US9 (5.5 mm) 32" (80 cm) circular needles
Or any size needed to obtain correct gauge.
- Allow approx 976 yds (893 m) aran weight yarn.
- Allow approx 1,553 (1,420 m) aran weight yarn.
- Allow approx 2,261 yds (2,067 m) aran weight yarn.
The afghan/throw is cast on and then worked flat from end to end.
- Knit and purl stitches
- Cable stitches - 2/1LPC, 2/2LC, 2/2LPC, 2/1RPC, 2/2RC, 2/2RPC
- Increase and decrease stitches - PFB, SSK, SSP
The pattern is fully charted, but also includes complete written directions so the ability to read a chart is not necessary to work this pattern.
Avoid highly variegated and/or excessively fuzzy yarn as it will obscure the cable patterning.
- Tapestry/blunt yarn needle
- T-pins (optional, for blocking)
This original design pattern is the copyrighted property of Melissa Burke, Apiary Knits. Please do not reproduce this pattern (in whole or in part) without express written permission from Melissa Burke, Apiary Knits.